Friday, July 30, 2010

How doth the little crocodile...

... improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!"

--Lewis Carroll

I don't partake in hookah myself, but now that the weather has warmed, I see more of it! Horus Too (offshot of Horus in the East Village) opens its doors as patrons enjoy their pipes. Or however you say it. Anyway, it always makes me think of the Alice in Wonderland Caterpillar.



Except with gum disease, and lung cancer. See, even though most people believe hookah to be less harmful than cigarettes (not a great selling point to begin with), it can be just as detrimental to health, in part because smoking sessions tend to be so long.

Excuse me, didn't mean to get preachy. It's just that I did research. On Wikipedia. Because I wanted to use smart, with-it words to describe the scene at Horus. But the article doesn't mention that in some cases, you might turn into a butterfly. (Could be the start of brilliant career getting your picture taken in Times Square).

No comments:

Post a Comment